My posts all usually have a pretty positive focus and I have continued to practice being grateful on a daily basis for things in my life, small or large.
That all said, today I am going to write a post about the things that irritate me incredibly just because I can and after all, we can’t all be completely zen, all of the time.
Language mistakes that bother me a lot:
– when people get the spelling for lose and loose incorrect and vice versa… and don’t even get me started on ‘their’, ‘there’ and ‘they’re’!
– when people say ‘somethink’ with a k instead of ‘something’ the way it’s meant to be said
– when people pronounce ‘three’ as ‘free’
– when people pronounce ‘ask’ as ‘aks’ – what the???
– incorrect use of grammar
– when I find spelling errors in reputable newspapers or published books… I mean really, there are people who are PAID to get that shit right!
Noises that irritate me:
I absolutely hate any sound that comes out of peoples mouths when it shouldn’t. It is like fingernails on a chalkboard… things such as:
– people slurping their tea
– people speaking with their mouth full or chewing with their mouth open
– people biting down on the metal of a fork or spoon
– people cracking their knuckles
– people grinding their teeth
I actually blame my Dad for this list because growing up he made sure we kids made never made any of these noises and now they irritate me so much more than I care to explain. I don’t know what it is but it just drives me insane, sends shivers down my spine and makes me want to vomit!
General life things:
– when you go back to a business to sort something out (like an incorrect bill or item) and the person you speak to slags off the other employee/s you may have dealt with – really unprofessional and just so uncalled for!- people putting their rubbish into the basket on my bike because they can’t be bothered to walk a little further to the closest bin
– drivers that don’t give way
– bad service in restaurants and pubs – it really isn’t that hard to do it well and with a smile!!!
– when WordPress auto formats and doesn’t do what you’re trying to get it to do!
I’m sure there are many others I could add to this list but I am suddenly feeling really negative so think I should stop typing!