Well, it’s no Golden Globe, or better yet a Pulitzer Prize, but I am very grateful regardless to have received the Liebster Award from D. B. Mauldin over at Mama Bear Musings.
I am thrilled to have been picked to receive it and very touched that she thought of me. I have seen loads of various awards knocking around the world of WordPress but so far this is my very first one. So thank you!
Now down to business…
This award is given to up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers; the person nominated needs to answer eleven questions and nominate eleven other bloggers, ask them eleven questions in turn and then comment on their blogs to let them know they’ve been nominated.
Definitely in the ‘up and coming’ category, having just recently published my 100th post and only getting serious about blogging as of last July I am very honoured to accept.
Here are Mama Bear’s questions and my associated answers:
1. What are your thoughts on life?
How much time do you have? Being relatively young, and also still with a lot to learn I don’t think I can answer this question with any form of authority but I do try to live my life with a good balance of fun, adventure, passion, love and laughter (and organisation of course, being the anally retentive person that I am!) But, I think if we approach life like that, and try to appreciate the beauty around us then we’re off to a good start!
2. What was your favorite toy from childhood?
A tough one because my favourites varied depending on my moods but I still have, and still love, my teddy bear that my Mum gave me, so I’d say him. His name is Angus and he’s adorable. Although he is in Australia while I am adventuring in London.
3. Which do you prefer; Star Trek or Star Wars?
I’m waiting for the worldwide sucking in of breath and expressions of disgust with what I am about to say but, I’ve never seen either. Not sure why, they just seem to have passed me by.
4. What is your favorite fruit?
Oh god, I don’t know, I love all fruit but I definitely would put mango up there as one of my most craved fruits and bananas as the fruit I eat the most of.
5. What is your favorite vegetable?
Again, I like all of them. But I do eat a lot of broccoli and a lot of pumpkin, which is probably surprising for my Mum to read seeing as I liked neither of them when I was young.
6. What scares you the most?
Clowns. And failure.
7. Do you prefer coffee or tea?
Love both but coffee in the morning and tea for the rest of the day.
8. What is your favorite genre to read?
9. Do you prefer living in the city or country? Why?
I think I must have a bit of a split personality for not having a preference in some of my answers but again, both. I think city for now, and country for when I’m older. And so long as I’m not in between I’m happy – nothing worse than being stuck in some god awful place that’s neither city nor country. Give me rolling hills or the West End but NEVER the suburbs!
10. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
Crescent Head, Australia. I have sisters there and their place is truly magical, relaxing and just amazingly beautiful… a lovely secluded property not far from the beach – what more could you want?
11. What is your favorite bird?
Ugh, not a massive fan of birds in general but if anything I like the bigger kinds (pelicans, swans, geese etc) or really colourful ones (macaws, lorikeets, peacocks etc)
And here are my 11 questions for you:
1. Muffin or cupcake?
2. Ice cream or chocolate?
3. What is the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
4. What are your top 5 goals for this year?
5. How many of them have you started or achieved so far, and which?
6. What were the 5 last places you travelled to?
7. What is the one piece of advice you would give someone who was moving to the other side of the world?
8. Why do you blog?
9. Where did you last go out for dinner to and what would you rate it out of 10?
10. Tell me the name of a book you recommend me reading and why
11. Paris or London?
Now for the tough part, choosing my 11 nominees:
2. Little Miss Wordy (this blog already has more than 200 followers but from what I can gather is still relatively new
3. Dumb Ass News (always good for a chuckle)
6. Misty over at Misty’s Laws
9. Papa Angst
Thanks to all who accept this award and in turn award it to someone else! I look forward to reading your answers to my questions. Please pingback so that I can put your post on my page.